HistoryHound 2.1.1 MAC
HistoryHound is for you if you ever tried to find something in your browser history or bookmarks, but couldn’t quite remember when or where you saw it. Or perhaps you’ve got your bookmarks meticulously organized, but it takes forever to mouse through the menus to get to something you want? HistoryHound will chase down the page for you – fast!
HistoryHound lets you quickly search for keywords in the entire content of all Web pages and RSS feeds you’ve visited recently, plus all those that you’ve bookmarked. It’s a “personal Web search.” Instead of hunting through endless lists of obscure URLs and page titles, just type in a few words that appear anywhere on the page, and even narrow it down to a specific range of dates if you remember when you saw it. HistoryHound will give you a list of matches, ranked by relevance.
HistoryHound currently supports Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, OmniWeb, Opera, iCab, Vivaldi, NetNewsWire and URL Manager Pro.
- You can now use phrase searches (an exact phrase within quotation marks) when searching in “Spotlight-style query” mode. To enable this, you must first rebuild your search index using the “Rebuild Index” button in the Index Status window.
- HistoryHound will no longer request more than one page every 2 seconds from a website.
- Index rebuilding has been improved to make it more robust and to preserve bookmark titles that are different than the title of the indexed page.
- Fixed a bug that could cause HistoryHound to miss pages in your browser history if indexing was interrupted and restarted or if a single indexing pass took longer than 10 minutes.
- Improved error handling when you cancel indexing or quit HistoryHound while it is updating its search index.
- When HistoryHound’s built-in browser is hidden, opening a result in a web browser now requires a double-click.
- HistoryHound will not try to open a nonexistent URL when you double-click on “Please enter a search phrase”.
- The search prompt now updates dynamically as pages are added to the search index.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when scanning Google Chrome bookmarks.
- Index dump files are now correctly encoded as UTF-8.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Homepage 7.47 MB