Downie 4.0.1 MAC
A simple download manager that offers you the possibility to quickly save videos from different websites to your own disk drive.
Downie 4.0.1 MAC download. Download Downie 4.0.1 MAC full version. Official Downie 4.0.1 MAC is ready to work on iOS, MacOS and Android. from Gamesintosh.com Website
f you are using a poor internet connection, trying to visualize videos streamlined online might not work properly since the content is loaded too slowly. Downie is a simple Mac app that can help you download those videos to your computer, and then watch them by using your default media player.
User friendly video downloader featuring support for drag and drop actions
Working with Downie is extremely straightforward: simply drop the video URL on top of the app’s main window or on the Dock icon. Downie adds the video to your downloads list, so all you have to do next is start the process by pressing the appropriate button. Of course, you can also remove items from the list.
By default, Downie downloads MP4 files and places them in your default Downloads folder, but you can easily change this via the Preferences window. The same area allows you to setup notifications, or post processing actions (convert to MP4 if necessary, or extract audio only).
Effortlessly download videos from a wide collection of hosting websites
Downie provides support for more than 400 different websites that host video content, among which there are the most popular choices, such as YouTube, Apple, LiveLeak, Vimeo, BBC, and so on. If a certain website is not included, within the app you can send a request email to the Downie developers.
Moreover, Downie also provides matching extensions for various popular web browsers, such as Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Chromium. The add-ons are not installed by default: open the Preferences window and install only the ones you plan to use.
Straightforward solution for downloading video content hosted online
Downie is a great tool for saving videos posted on various websites to your Mac for offline playback. The application is extremely useful especially if you have a slow internet connection.
- Updated UI – the UI has been revised and updated, offering more options at the tip of the mouse.
- Major speed improvements – several links can now be loaded at once and YouTube videos get prepared for downloads about 6x faster than in Downie 3 (based on time required to process a 30-item YouTube playlist on iMac 27” (2019)).
- Sandbox – Downie 4 is now sandboxed for better security.
- Metadata Improvements – the metadata that Downie gathers can be written into an external JSON file for further custom processing.
- Improved User-Guided Extraction – the UGE window now has history, allows saving favorites and much more.
- Customizable Postprocessing – you can now write your own shell script to handle custom postprocessing.
- Synchronizable History – the history can now be synchronized over iCloud between all your devices.
- Option to Go Menu-Only – the long-awaited ability to run Downie just in the menu bar has finally arrived.
- Much, much more! – many minor improvements, like custom naming schemes, option to force MP4 downloads, better cancellation, priority flags, etc..
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later